School visits to Wilderness Wood take advantage of this valuable resource to enrich and enliven the curriculum and stimulate learning. By allowing pupils to experience the wood at first hand, we hope to create a lasting and emotive connection with woodlands.
What we offer:
- It's a productive woodland, making garden products and furniture from our own timber, open all year
- It's a "natural" place that is home to many plants and animals, including spring bluebells, autumn toadstools and pond creatures
- It's an ancient woodland, with two Roman iron smelting sites
- It's a beacon of sustainable living, working and tourism
- It's got friendly and experienced rangers to run walks and activities
- It's a great place to for children to investigate, rummage, collect
- It's got a brilliant play area and souvenir shop
- It's yours for the day to explore!
We offer you set packages based around the most popular days out at the wood, or bespoke ones to meet the needs of your class, from Reception to A-Level and beyond.
How to book a school visit:
- Wilderness Wood is open all year round for school visits.
- Call us first on 01825 830509 to check whether your chosen date is free. We like to have only one school in the wood at a time to give you the best experience.
- Complete the booking form which you will find in your chosen package, and return it to us with a £50 deposit. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.
- If you would like to speak to the Education team please call Tuesdays or Wednesdays or email any time: email@example.com
- You are welcome to come for a free pre-visit to plan your day and discover all that Wilderness Wood has to offer. Please call if you would like to meet a member of staff to discuss your trip to us.
- Tell us how many people you actually are on the day and you will be issued with an accurate invoice to take back to school.
- Pupils – £2.85
- All accompanying adults – free
- Guided walks / activities – £52 per hour per group
Prices may rise in March 2013
I just wanted to write and thank you very much for organising and hosting our day in the woods today. The children, ( as you saw), were absolutely fired up with the environment and the activities. They came back to school with their collecting bags full and their imaginations stimulated!
We can't wait to get on now and write, draw and create follow-up tasks to our trip.Many of the children are planning to come back with their families already!!
I will certainly recommend it to other teachers. Many thanks.
Warden Park School Jan 2013